[K12OSN] I am stuked on Client boot :( help please :)

raq alzate quecosa65 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 07:20:28 UTC 2004

I am getting an error trying to boot the client workstation

PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:0b.0
via-rhine: Reset not complete yet. Trying harder.
Eth0: VIA VT6105 Rhine-III at 0xde00, 00:40:f4:88:6a:h1, IRQ 10.
Eth0: MII PHY found at address 1, status 0x786d advertising 05e1 Link 0021.
Runnig dhclient
Eth0: Reset not comlpete yet. Trying harder.

ERROR! No dhcpd-eth0.info file. This usually indicates that the dhclient did
not get a response from the DHCP server, or the NIC driver isnt working
properly with the network card.

Kernle panic: Attemped to kill init!

Can anybody help me? i am stuck since a week with the same problem, i have
read and looked in google groups but i didnt find any solution that works :(

The client nic is Via Rhine III (00:0b.0   1106:3106), i am using
rom-o-matic 5.2.4 version with via-rhine-6105 ROM.

Please, i am stuked, anybody could help me?

00-
Ing. Ruben Alzate Quintero
Instituto Tecnologico de Villahermosa

K12OSN mailing list