[K12OSN] [OT] Tux Paint website look-n-feel

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 14 07:27:52 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 12:04:24PM +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> That works now, thanks Bill.  One little niggle still though ... I
> wonder why the use of Javascript, which I usually have disabled anyway,
> when an image map or plain ol' hypertext link would do?

I believe I had to do it to add the neat 'translate the word "Enter"'
effect I do on the graphic.

If JavaScript is disabled, the form will be an imagemap.

> Because I also
> have my browser warn me of sending info over unsecured links, clicking
> your "enter" pops up a warning from my browser that I then have to "OK"
> before it loads the page.  Petty I know, but you did ask if any more
> problems ;-)

Ooh.. Good point.  Yeah, I guess I'll yank it.  I've added some code to
check the user's "Accept Language" settings, and try to show the best
page based on that, so the entry form is pretty useless now. :^)

-bill!