[K12OSN] please don't smack me (stupid question)

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Mon Mar 15 23:12:15 UTC 2004

Okay, this will show just how ignorant I am , after using this OS at
home for two years.
The problem is, I have never networked one of these, running it on two
standalone machines at home.
So, I get this 450mhz AMD with 96mb ram from my church.  They were
trhowing it out and knew I was looking for hardware for my classroom.
I installed RH 8, on it, actually, because for some reason I could not
get it to read my k12 3.1.2 iso discs and the next latest I could find
were 2.1.
Anyway, I took this little thing to school and hooked it up to the
network.  It found the internet fine through the proxy and I was able to
configure it to print to a printer on the network, but I can't seem to
find how to access student files, on a Mac server on the same network.
Suggestions?
I know this is the K12 list, not Psyche list, but, you guys are the BEST!
(Hopefull flattery works.)

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net