RE: [K12OSN] Question on diskless vs diskfull clients & how to getthem

I would really like to see a package for Bondi iMacs

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On
Behalf Of Shawn Powers
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 9:27 AM
To: A technical support and discussion community for users of the K12OS
Linux distribution.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Question on diskless vs diskfull clients & how to
getthem

Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:
> I'm hoping that bill_c (of ppc-ltsp fame) will be at LFNW next month!

Who is this bill_c?  I've never heard of him, and I might like to meet
that fella. :)

I'm likely rolling out a hundred or so PowerMac5500 machines next year
as thick clients, and want to make the install/boot process as slim and
reproducible as possible.  (In fact, debian is installing on one in
front of me right now...)

There are a few issues I'd really like to talk to such a person about,
like remote flash, sound, and accelerated video.  (These little beauties
have nice ati mach64 chipsets)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers