[K12OSN] Question on diskless vs diskfull clients & how to get them

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Mar 19 17:04:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 17:45, Chris Kacoroski wrote:

> a) buy diskless workstation terminals like the Term 150
> b) buy parts and have the local kids build small form factor diskless
> workstations
> c) use old macs (of which we have a lot).  concerned about maintenance
> issues here
> d) donated pc's.  concerned about variability and viability here.

If you aren't sure you'll always want diskless but you still want
something small and easy to move around, this unit isn't much
bigger than a CD player:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=168286&sku=N52-1043
I have an older version and it has been handy for testing things and
temporary setups.  You might need to chain them down, though...

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com