[K12OSN] LTSP Galore!

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Fri Mar 26 14:28:15 UTC 2004

Well looks like this summer we may be stickin' terminals everywhere! As pc's
die out we will replace them with terminals. Either old ibm's or new hp 5300
terminals when we run out of the old junk. Primarily, all these terminals will
just use the internet and openoffice. The current server we have that we will
use for expansion is a Dell Poweredge 4600. Single 1.8ghz xeon w/4gb ram and
gig backbone. We've ordered a second processor. My question is...how many
terminals do you think I could get on one server if I expanded the ram? This
server will hold up to 12gb of Ram.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
Technology Coordinator