[K12OSN] LTSP Galore!

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Fri Mar 26 14:57:21 UTC 2004

50mb of RAM per user on the server is ideal.  That's the rule I use and
have been very satisfied.

Joe

cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us writes:
>Well looks like this summer we may be stickin' terminals everywhere!
>As pc's
>die out we will replace them with terminals. Either old ibm's or new
>hp 5300
>terminals when we run out of the old junk. Primarily, all these
>terminals will
>just use the internet and openoffice. The current server we have that
>we will
>use for expansion is a Dell Poweredge 4600. Single 1.8ghz xeon w/4gb
>ram and
>gig backbone. We've ordered a second processor. My question is...how
>many
>terminals do you think I could get on one server if I expanded the
>ram? This
>server will hold up to 12gb of Ram.
>

>--
>Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
>Technology Coordinator
>Fordyce School District
>870.352.2968
>http://redbugs.dsc.k12.ar.us

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.