[K12OSN] Client RAM question

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Mon Mar 29 16:27:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> I will be eager to hear results with the Opteron systems, something that
> could support 80+ users would be incredible.  I can just see the looks
> on peoples faces if I could turn the 30-40 computer lab presentations
> into 80-100 computer lab presentations.  That cost savings would be
> phenominal.

Jim,
	the following is the view of the load of my production HP box - 4
processor, 4GB. Look at the user count (low today - nice weather ...)

GlancePlus C.02.40.00    11:09:44   turtle 9000/800    Current  Avg  High
CPU   S SNUU                                             | 11%   13%   30%
Disk  F        FVV                                       | 23%   27%   46%
Mem   S SU                      UB                  B    | 94%   94%   94%
Swap  R                                    R             | 75%   75%   75%
                                                               Users=  740

The response time is phenomenal, but then, no GUI.
julius