[K12OSN] Max concurrent users

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Mar 31 02:42:00 UTC 2004

I've got 25 on my server w/ dual Athlons, 4GB DRAM, and an 80GB IDE
disk.  From what I can see, it should easily be able to handle 40, and
maybe even 60, before slowdowns begin.  DRAM, in my experience, is the
key.  Your numbers sound about right given the amounts of DRAM that
you're running.

Mine is currently running K12LTSP 2.1.2 (yes, the RHL 7.3-based one).
Someday I may upgrade to a newer K12LTSP version, but it just works too
well at this point as it is.

--TP