Re: [K12OSN] openMosix test packages

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 15:33, Shawn Austin wrote:
[SNIP]
> Programs that use shared memory usually die when they migrate.
> Openoffice has never worked well in that setup.  It would occasionally
> die when migrated to another, idle machine.  Openoffice will almost
> always opt to migrate because of the high processor usage.  Java apps,
> for the most part, do not survive the migration, and will sometimes lock
> up X when they die.
[SNIP]
Okay so now I know there was nothing wrong with my setup but OO users
(even gedit) were complaining that their apps disappeared for no reason
when we enabled openmosix for a trial period.

Tell me is there any way around this? Anyone who has setup openmosix
without facing this issue?

Sorry for cross posting on many lists but I feel this needs to be sorted
out or people made aware of likely pitfalls.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux