[K12OSN] howto remove users AND non home files?

dalen dalen at czexan.net
Wed Mar 31 15:29:17 UTC 2004

I ran into a problem when I deleted and readded a user(see long
description below).  Basically, userdel does not delete files except for
those under /home/userX.  The files/directories left over in /tmp caused
problems during login. Is there a tool/script to delete userX files in
/tmp and/or other locations?  Is this just a side effect of  the
permission problem below and thus a del user files script is not neccesary?

Thanks,

Dale

*long description*
I had user login problems and discovered files owned/grouped by userX in
/home/userY.  I'm not sure how this happened.  I may have user su from a
user acct when creating the other user acct.  Deleting/Readding the user
accounts did not fix the problem as there were still files in /tmp owned
by the users.