[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Sat May 1 03:44:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 00:03, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > The point is that you aren't supposed to include all of the old
> > posting(s) but instead snip it down to just the points that
> > are relevant to your response.
>
> Is this how things should look to be list friendly?  I believe I have
> turned of HTML formatting and have turn on the > character to prefix any
> the reply.  If there is any more stuff I should do please let me know.
[SNIP]
To show a snip.

> Thanks to everyone for their help.  My new File server is up and running
> and appears to actually be functioning how I want it.  I have learned
> more on this list in the last 5 months than I have in the last 2 years.
Me 2!!
No annoyance but with properly trimmed and ">" or ">>" indented replies
it is so much easier to follow on text readers (see above in first
para). Also level of quoting indicates the turns of conversation /
thread.

Personally having seen many lists and participated, I found advice of
bottom posting, received from old timers myself, more conducive even if
some one jumps in late.

[SNIP]
I appreciate concerns of Hartley. As I said in my original post it was
more of observation and not a high ground position!!

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux