[K12OSN] SME Server Custom ISO

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 3 17:24:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 11:34, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> http://sme.swerts-knudsen.dk/index.html?frame=http%3A//sme.swerts-knudse
> n.dk/howtos/howto_16.htm
> >From another forum from a google search and was going to try his script,
> but I don't know how to get to a command line on one of these boxes, do
> I have to ssh to it?

SMEserver has virtual consoles enabled, so alt-f2 will get you
another screen where you can log in as root.  The root and
admin logins use the same password but if you log in as root
you get a # prompt and if you log in as admin you get the
text-mode menu.  The same is true for ssh logins, plus if you
log in as root and temporarily want the menu you can 'su - admin'
and when you exit you'll drop back to root.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com