[K12OSN] Tracking usage

Roger roger at efn.org
Wed May 5 18:48:46 UTC 2004

I would like to be able to track usage for our LTSP.  I was thinking along
the lines of a .login/.logout script that would toggle a database with
$USERNAME,$HOSTNAME, start-time,stop-time.

We have a few users that have accounts, but the majority are using generic
account names. We would like track all accounts.

I can get the login part working, but have no idea where to place a script
that would generate the logout information.

Anybody try tracking users like this?

--
Roger
roger at efn.org
The moving cursor writes, and having written, blinks on.