[K12OSN] Unable to boot from CD to install K12 LSTP 4.0.1

Chris Hobbs chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
Wed May 5 21:55:00 UTC 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 13:15, Duane Wilson wrote:
>

>>I had the same problem. Then I discovered that I had burned the straight
>>4.0.1 file onto the cd instead of burning it as an ISO file. When I
>>re-burned it with K3B as an ISO it worked!
>>

>K3B does a lot of grunge work if you are assembling files for
>a CD, but if you already have an iso image you don't really
>need a GUI.  Just:
>cdrecord options file.iso
>where options are usually --dev=N,0,0
>(use "cdrecord --scanbus" to find N) and
>--driveropts=burnfree if the drive supports it.

Being lazy, I created the following shell script called 'burn' which
allows me to simply type: "burn whatever.iso":

#!/bin/bash
cdrecord -v dev=0,5,0 speed=12 -eject $1

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator
postmaster:               chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
pgp:  http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/~chobbs/key.asc