[K12OSN] Dumb SSH question

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Thu May 6 06:10:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 01:03, Duane Wilson wrote:
> I just looked in known_hosts and I do see the name of the server,
> but the string after it bears no resembelence the the RSA key
> fingerprint sent from the server.
This is likely to happen if you changed the NIC card on the other
machine or the machine was replaced with a new box. In such a case if
you are sure that this has happened edit the existing lines of the
server and connect. New lines would be added with new key in the file
known_hosts.
Also are you sure that ssh is set to follow RSA? AFAIK it follows DSA by
default.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux