[K12OSN] Can't change IP address for eth1?!?!

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri May 7 21:27:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:12, Duane Wilson wrote:

> > If you don't have X running on
> >the console you can ssh in from an X session elsewhere to
> >run it.
> >

> I don't have X running. I can ssh into the box, but I don't know how to
> get the GUI going over ssh - if I understand you correctly.

If you are starting from a box already running X, ssh takes
care of all the magic for you.  Just log in as root through
ssh and type in 'redhat-config-network' and a new window will
open on your desktop.  That should work with any X program
if you know the name to start it.  On linux everything defaults
to make this work.  If you are starting from windows you
have to do some extra work to be sure the DISPLAY setting
is exported and give ssh the -X option.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com