[K12OSN] Adaptec AIC 79xx SCSI controller driver?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 10 04:17:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 22:51, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> **Didn't get any bites couple days ago so I'm reposting**
>
> I'm installing K12LTSP 3.1.2 (Redhat 9.0) and I was wondering which driver I
> should use for the Adaptec AIC 7902 SCSI controller?

I'd recommend moving to the fedora-based version because it
will work out of the box.   Penguin's relion  140's use this
controller and come with RH9 pre-installed with a modified
aic79xx.o, but you can't boot a stock install CD without
a driver disk and if you let apt or yum update your kernel
it likely won't boot. I can probably dig up a copy of
the driver but I'm not sure it will work on other machines
and I haven't used it to install from scratch.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com