[K12OSN] AC97 audio

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Tue May 11 23:42:16 UTC 2004

Bert Rolston <bert.rolston at clear.net.nz> wrote:

My home machine uses the same audio with the i810 chipset.
<<

There was a "feature" in the Intel 845GBV mobo that caused it not to work
with the 2.4.20 or earlier kernels (from memory). When I struck the problem
a year-and-a-half ago (or so) I googled like crazy, and finally turned up a
post from Alan Cox, probably on kernel-dev, that he was aware of the
problem and there would be a fix in an upcoming kernel.

I didn't follow up on that - I simply moved the 845GBV into a small server
setup and bought another machine - which turned out to have nForce audio
and network, with all the attendant problems, but that's another story.

If I was you, I'd download the latest kernel from kernel.org, build it to
suit and see if that fixes the problem. Of course, YMMV. . .

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]