[K12OSN] 4.0.1

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Thu May 13 18:17:05 UTC 2004

I'm home from school because my daughter is ill, so I finally burned the
4.0.1 isos and installed.
On first reboot X wouldn't start.  I ran redhat-config-xfree86 and still
no luck.  I pico-ed /etc/X11/XF86Config and saw almost nothing amiss,
except that I did enter the monitor vendor and model, although I think
that matters little.  Still no luck.
But, thanks the Light I created aboot floppy, because, to date, I have
never had a need for one.  I flopped that floppy in and rebooted and
everything came up just fine.
I was please to find that all of my KDE mods were still in place.  It
seems that most upgrades end up resetting my desktop.
So, I'm current, and loving it, now.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin