[K12OSN] library kiosks

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu May 20 12:59:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:14:13 +1200
MrGoblin <goblin at scooter.co.nz> wrote:

<SNIP>
> You could just set
> Option "Buttons" "1"
> in the XF86Config

I was looking for a way to do it without using the XF86Config file.  In
my case, I have the kiosk "user" on the same system that I am using for
normal work.  I know if the kiosk is in the LTSP, then just edit the
lts.conf, or if the kiosk it a stand alone, then XF86Config, I was just
wondering if it could be done on a "user only" level?

<SNIP>
> You can also use xmodmap to disable any keys you want (can also change
> the mouse button order)

I tried using xmodmap to reset the mouse buttons
(xmodmap -e "pointer=1 1 1"), but it did not work. I could change the
order (xmodmap -e "pointer=3 2 1"), but I could not set them up to all
be the same action. it gave me some crazy error when I did the "1 1 1"

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own
reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad company.
        -George Washington, Rules of Civility