[K12OSN] Loosing access to master password

Shawn Austin austinsr at uindy.edu
Thu May 20 18:07:53 UTC 2004

If you still have the first install disk of K12ltsp, just pop it in the
drive and boot the machine.
When the installer window comes up, after the kernel boot, just jump
over to virtual terminal 1 then:
cd /tmp
mkdir hd
mount /dev/hda# /tmp/hd
(put the number of your partition that / is on, probably hda2, if it is
an IDE drive)

chroot /tmp/hd /bin/bash

you will now be sitting at a root prompt for your machine.  just do a
passwd root and you will be good to go.