[K12OSN] Changing languge settins on a per user basis

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Mon May 24 23:43:46 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I know some of you have run into similar problems.

I have a friend who has installed Xandros 2.0 Business edition with KDE
3.x on his internet Cafe client machines.

He wants the ability to change the keyboard and application language
settings as needed by his customers.

He can get the correct language to show up in the web browser however
the customer still has to type using English.

How can he get the applications and keyboard language to change with
some (preferably none) user interaction?

I've looked through the settings, tried changing languages and regional
settings, but nothing seems to happen in the apps.

If this is unclear please ask for further clarification.

Cheers,
Bert