[K12OSN] script help - please

Jimmy Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Tue May 25 13:11:42 UTC 2004

Hello good people.  I can't get the syntax right on a script I'm
working on.  I need to delete a directory's contents when it's size
gets over a certain amount.  I know this should be uber-easy, but I
just can't get it.  Here's what I have so far:

#!/bin/tcsh
# get the size of the directory
du -ks /savedHomedirs/
# if total is over 100MB, then clear out directory
if ($1>100000) then
rm -rf /savedHomedirs/*
endif

#exit 0
exit 0

I'm using tcsh, but I'm willing to run it using a different shell if it
would make it easier for you to help me:-)  Also, if you have a better
way to script this, feel free to completely disregard the track I was
taking and start fresh.

Thanks,
Jimmy Schwankl