[K12OSN] NFS Client for Windows

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed May 26 16:12:00 UTC 2004

Just curious as to why it is such a bad idea.  If I am doing something
incredibly stupid I would like to know.  I just saw this as an easier
way to share files real time remotely than setting up a VPN.  I have
people all the time who have something like Quickbooks at work and want
to be able to edit this at home as well.  Problem is they do not have
access to the .qbk file from home.  I thought something like this would
be an easy fix to store the .qbk on a linux server and export the share
via nfs to the ip of the 2 clients that needed access to it.  Problem
solved.  But maybe this is insane, I don't know enough yet to know the
difference.

I'll check out the MS link in the meantime.

Thanks

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/ and it should include NFS.

---
  Les Mikesell