[K12OSN] Thin client not booting correctly, screen flashes

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri May 28 15:25:34 UTC 2004

Anyone?

I have a thin client that is behaving strangely. It just stopped working one day last week.  It is one of 40 systems on the primary ltsp server, all identical (VIA Eden-based).  It boots, but then never gets a screen (just flashes ).  I can connect it to our second thin client server and it boots properly.  All the other systems on the primary server do not have problems.

Is there a config file for this system lurking somewhere that I need to delete?
I am running K12LTSP 3.1.2, vmlinuz-2.4-21-ltsp-1.pxe, initrd-2.4.21-ltsp-1.pxe on the primary, but the secondary is still using 2.4-19.  I wanted to update the secondary this summer, but ... now am afraid of more badness happening.

I am at a complete loss on even where to start!

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins