[K12OSN] Fedora Core 2

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 31 16:58:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 21:56, Joe Guenther wrote:
> I just read on Slashdot.org that Fedora Core 2 is not what it is
> cooked up to be. ...
>  http://slashdot.org/articles/04/05/30/146209.shtml?tid=110&tid=187

I have it running on a few boxes and haven't seen any showstopper
bugs.  I think the bad reviews were written by people who had
never run an X.0 Redhat release or they've forgotten how bad
they were and how much got fixed by the X.2 version. The switch
to ALSA sound drivers will probably break some systems that used
to work.  Firewire will probably be fixed in an update - if you
need that you'll have to wait.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com