[K12OSN] RE: squidGuard sample deny pages

Sean Harbour SHarbour at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Nov 10 18:35:12 UTC 2004

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:47:56 -0600
>From: Adam Melancon <adammelancon at gmail.com>
>Subject: [K12OSN] squidGuard sample deny pages
>To: K12OSN at redhat.com

>We are using the K12LTSP distro for our squidguard server, and I was
>just wondering if there is a site that has examples of access denied
>pages for squidguard?

>Thanks
>--
>Adam Melancon
>Work: http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us
>Personal: http://www.melancon.org

I whipped up a deny page that uses some php to substitute randomly selected images of HAL9000 with some random soundclips like "I'm afraid I can't let you do that". There is also a simple web page feedback form to report accidently blocked sites. It does require Dansguardian and php support, but I think it could be easily modified to work with squidGuard. The nice thing about it is that it uses any images and sounds in the appropriate folder, so you can change the look and feel by just copying in different media files. If anyone is interested, you're welcome to grab a copy from http://bitmon.nwresd.k12.or.us/alertpage.tar.gz

Thanks,

Sean Harbour
Network Engineer
Northwest Regional ESD