[K12OSN] skolelinux

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Nov 11 03:21:31 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 at 6:08 PM +0000 wrote:
>I will say, it worked out of the box with zero effort and the KDE was
>surprisingly FAST!
>There was also a kde menu editor that was very simple to use...I only
>tested with 1 user and 1 client on my old
>demo machine...so nothing production style.

I haven't tried out the LTSP part yet....next week I hope, but I have seen
the Samba/LDAP part.  The Samba?LDAP stuff does have some hard-coded
defaults...and this is necessary as there are a bazillion ways you can go
with it....if you didn't standardize......then it would be a nightmare to
install and so forth.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School