[K12OSN] finding user passwords

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Thu Nov 11 14:09:42 UTC 2004

> I would think teacher/admin would be part of every student user group.
>
> > The problem here seems to run much deeper that a technology issue.
> Technology
> > can't solve problems of insubordination, power plays, etc.
>
> very true, but I also work with an inner city "tough" parochial high
> school so I can relate to your problem.

I don't work in a city school.  I guess we have a little more power out here in
the "sticks" ;)

I can empathize with the problem.  My point is that we spend too much time
trying to find technological solutions to problems that are not technological in
nature.

Having said that, if a technological "solution" to the problem can be found, it
should be implemented - but it should not be the only step taken to rectify the
situation.  The technological solution should accompany a new password policy
for the school.

Jim Hays
Technology Director
Monticello CUSD#25