[K12OSN] K12LTSP demo - any suggestions?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Nov 11 20:45:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:27, Jim Hays wrote:
> Les makes a good point here.  I was at a conference yesterday and one of the
> sessions was an hour long session showing people how to use the new MS program
> to run automatic updates.  The session was long and the process was fairly
> tedious - running a separate server to store the updates and then "touching" all
> of the clients to tell them to get their updates from the new server and then
> making sure that the updates get run.

And that's just the base Windows system.  If you have Office or other MS
apps installed you have to do something else to update them.  If you
have apps from other vendors, virus scanners, etc., each has its own
setup procedure as well as licensing terms and lengths of time that
updates will be allowed.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com