[K12OSN] Re: K12LTSP demo - any suggestions?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 12 05:33:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 22:39, Joseph Bishay wrote:

> That does sound like an excellent reason. However, if I am running an
> older version of K12ltsp (the one based on RH9 from about a year or
> more ago), will it break anything?  Is this the equivalent of
> upgrading from Windows 98 -> Windows XP? (Sorry if the example
> offends anyone :)

As long as you leave the yum configuration pointed to the
original repository you will only get updates to the original
release.  You are pretty safe on the OS portion of this but
there have been some more drastic updates to the k12ltsp parts.
At least one of the possible updates will replace the lts.conf
file so you might have to put back any changes you have made
locally.

When you do a 'yum update' it will download a bunch of stuff,
then tell you what it would like to replace.  You get a chance
to answer yes or no before it changes anything.  Someone here can
probably answer if the version of ltsp it would install is likely
to break anything.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com