Re: [K12OSN] ISOs for DVDs

Henning Wangerin wrote:
Hi gurus!

Would it be possible to also have iso-files available for dvds?

Most systems (servers) where I install K12ltsp or just plain FC2 have
dvd-drives, so it would be much easier to just insert a single disk,
answer a lot of questions, start the installation and go on the the next
instalation.

I'm nearly always running around with a set of discs in in my tool-box,
and would also like to save a little space there ;-)

TIA
Henning,
Below is a link to a perl script that makes a dvd iso out of cd isos.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dvd+iso+howto&hl=en&lr=&selm=220920031353027567%25piercer%40nospam_pacbell.net&rnum=3
I haven't tried it myself. You might also consider copying the files to an nfs or http server and doing a network install with the boot.iso disc. I haven't timed it, but network installs over 1Gb network seem faster than the cd/dvd method.