[K12OSN] ISOs for DVDs

dale dalen at czexan.net
Sat Nov 13 16:54:02 UTC 2004

Henning Wangerin wrote:
> Hi gurus!
>
> Would it be possible to also have iso-files available for dvds?
>
> Most systems (servers) where I install K12ltsp or just plain FC2 have
> dvd-drives, so it would be much easier to just insert a single disk,
> answer a lot of questions, start the installation and go on the the next
> instalation.
>
> I'm nearly always running around with a set of discs in in my tool-box,
> and would also like to save a little space there ;-)
>
> TIA
Henning,
	Below is a link to a perl script that makes a dvd iso out of cd isos.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dvd+iso+howto&hl=en&lr=&selm=220920031353027567%25piercer%40nospam_pacbell.net&rnum=3
I haven't tried it myself. You might also consider copying the files to
an nfs or http server and doing a network install with the boot.iso
disc.  I haven't timed it, but network installs over 1Gb network seem
faster than the cd/dvd method.