[K12OSN] xset question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Nov 15 18:35:24 UTC 2004

Is there a place to place an `xset s off` or `xset s noblank` command
for terminals?  Would that stop the blanking of screens for me?  (ie,
they blank out after 5 minutes idle, and one of them is what we scroll
our daily bulletin openoffice presentation with, so we need it on all
day without user interaction.)  Also, my teachers complain, because USB
mice are not seen as "action" and unless they type something, the screen
blanks while they are using it.  (I think while they are playing
Mahjongg with only a mouse!)

Anyone else have this problem?

-Shawn
--