[K12OSN] Linux cut off

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Nov 19 18:39:42 UTC 2004

Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:

> There is the possibility that I might, in the near future, have to run
> Internet Exploder, because one of the help desk apps (Remedy's "Magic")
> works only with IE.  To fix that, I'll simply run CrossOver Office,
> albeit grudgingly, if this does indeed come to pass (I hope not!).  I

Have you thought about contacting the manufacturer and asking if they
have plans to support Mozilla?  We had this situation when a school we
donated a lab to went out and bought Benchmark Tracker.  It only
supported IE, and this was a problem for our brand new lab.  One of our
members and a teacher called Benchmark Tracker and let them know that
they were considering buying BT for their district but that they needed
Mozilla support.  It was done.

Never underestimate how effective the idea of more market share can be
at getting a company to change policies.

> If you've got one or more tasks in mind that haven't been covered above,
> let me know, and I'll be glad to give you whatever input that I can.

What do the rest of you do at tax time?  While I have stayed
windows-free for an undergraduate and two graduate degrees, I still keep
windows on a dual-boot box for taxes.  I don't think that an OSS
alternative to quickbooks or kiplinger has evolved and, with all the
annual changes to the tax code, I have to wonder if one ever will.

> --TP

--scott