[K12OSN] FC3 & 4.2

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sun Nov 21 16:18:04 UTC 2004

eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, norbert wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> The first CD doesn't boot ???? I've tried to download & burn it twice
>> with the same effect. I know you're busy but I'd like to try FC3, any
>> suggestions.
>> BTW if I boot with FC2 & check the FC3 cd it does identify it as FC3
>> V4.2.0 & it checks out.
>

> Hmmm, I'm pretty sure we used the latest-n-greatest to do some installs
> at our LUG's install-fest today.
>
> I'm working on another build, I'll test that CD installs work before
> I upload it tonight/tomorrow morning...
>
> -Eric

Hi Eric,

I don't know if it makes any difference but the images were burnt with
NERO on a WinXP station. What I find strange is that the 1st CD checks
out (but I have to boot with a FC2 cd to get to the testing) and it
reads without problems or errors.....
Is there another way of burning the image ? or parameters to set ?

thks
norbert