[K12OSN] FC3 & 4.2

Gustav Kramer gj.kramer at planet.nl
Sun Nov 21 21:06:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 16:59, Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Gustav Kramer wrote:
>

> > Is there an rsync command that can be used?  I tried
> >
> > rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::4.2.0/iso/ .
> >
> > but got @ERROR: Unknown module '4.2.0'.
> >
> > I d/l the alphas last week and would like to save us both a bit of
> > bandwidth.
>
> This will work for right now:
>
>       rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/4.2.0alpha/ .
>
> but I should have a new set of ISOs uploaded within the next
> hour or so...
>
> -Eric
<snip>

I'm rsyncing beta2 as I write this.  In the meantime the only things I
found with the alpha (in the limited testing I had time for) were sound
issues and getting acrobat.

Sound:

nasd doesn't seem to work
esd works with xmms but not with realplayer.  With Realplayer 8
I was able to set which sound driver to use (native/oss/esd) on the
performance tab of the preference window.  With Realplayer 10 that
option seems to be missing.  I'm wondering if setting up the transport
under GStreamer might help?  I seem to remember having to do that for
Rhythmbox.

Acrobat:

The first couple of times I tried the install script it choked on
"Testing package set/Solving RPM interdependancies".  On the third
attempt, or perhaps the fourth, it completed the task and installed the
reader.

Other than that the install went well.  I will install beta2 and report
any changes to these two problems.

- gustav