[K12OSN] Newmail App

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Nov 23 14:32:17 UTC 2004

Anyone know of an application that could be loaded upon login that would
check for new mail in Maildir folders, and then do some arbitrary thing
to notify the user?

It could even be as simple as a little daemon that checked for new files
in a particular folder (because of Maildir) and allowed a command
(esdplay, xmessage, etc) to be done if something new arrives...

Anyone?

The one thing I'm not looking for, is something that my users would have
to set up with their email login/password to check mail.

-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director