[K12OSN] Add DrPyton to Distro?

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Thu Nov 25 14:47:41 UTC 2004

Henry Hartley wrote:

> [...]
version 4.0 did not include idle.  I installed it manually, thought
everything was great.  Copied an icon to all desktops, tested use on one
or two

First day of the programming class, tried to get 15 kids using idle.
Only first one to access icon got it.  The rest got an error message
about something already being in use.(not the exact wording.)

I like IDLE but have not been using it because I did not have time to
figure out this problem.  My students are writing in gedit and using
terminal commands to test/run/debug

has version 4.2 with python and IDLE fixed this issue?  Can more than
one workstation use IDLE at the same time?

If so, I will be upgrading for next year anyway, so....