[K12OSN] The boot problem again

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen brr at brr.no
Tue Nov 30 08:07:58 UTC 2004

At 09:02 30.11.2004, you wrote:
>Great! Then do you perform a md5sums check for the downloaded files to
>ensure the completeness of files?

No. But I have downloaded the files several times, both at home and at
work. With Web browser, with FTP program etc. I don't think that the
download will fail several times. I have cheated with boot.iso and finished
the installation without any problems. If the CD had been corrupt I would
have got other problems during the installation.

And: I can boot with disc 1 in VmWare. But not when I burn disc 1 to a CD.

And I can boot with K12LTSP 4.1.0 without any problems. Just with K12LTSP
4.2.0 I have got the problem.

I have read that also other people have had the same problem as I have
had..... So something must be a little bit strange with the "layout" of
disc 1 in K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta.

Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

***
Bjørn Roger Rasmussen ( http://www.brr.no/ )