[K12OSN] #$%@$Student hotmail not working

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Thu Oct 21 15:05:53 UTC 2004

SME Server 6.0.1 (http://e-smith.org) is a very good general purpose
server that had a good email system built-in.  Nothing to set up,
nothing to configure.  Give the students and account on the server and
it's ready to go.

If you want just an internal server, put it inside your network with a
private IP, set up a DNS record on your DNS server and you are all set.
If you want it to be public you will need to take steps to make the
server available to the public Internet.

It is very easy and way better that relying on an external entity for
your student email.