Re: [K12OSN] Lockdown of users

norbert wrote:

Hi,

If when I create new users and their default profile is taken from /etc/skel/ could I make custom entries in /etc/skel/ and chown all the files to "admin" or "root" to prevent the little monsters from modifiing their desktop, specifically removing icon and launch bar ?

thks norbert

There is a lockdown section in the new gnome manual that will do this for you.
http://www.gnome.org
Or are you using KDE?
They have the same functionality.

Peter

--

Any technology distinguishable from
foodoo-magic is insufficiently advanced.

Peter Van den Wildenbergh

CriticalControl Solutions Inc.
Bow Valley Square II
Suite 2400