[K12OSN] Monitoring Servers

Ok, this thread is directly related to my "cry for help" thread. Is there a "howto" or something similar that a kind soul could point me to regarding monitoring the heck out of a server? After today, I want to know exactly what, where, when, and how about every bit of data I can.

Am I looking for snmp? I've never set snmp up, but is that the method I'll get the best monitoring info from?

Thanks for any pointers yet again,
-Shawn

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org