Re: [K12OSN] Crossover office

Not in my experience. What I looked for was evidence of shared code being used by multiple users, a'la Mozilla or OO.o. I did see that evidence. The WINE libraries appear to get loaded once. From what it looks like, something similar happens when you load MS Office XP. So, it appears to behaving the same as other apps generally do on GNU/Linux. What appears to matter is how many apps you have open in the first place, be they Win32 or native, so if you've got 25 people loading all of OO.o, MS Office, The GIMP, Mozilla, etc., then you're going to want to look at large DRAM.

DISCLAIMER: I do not run this in production. I am a beta tester, and I test this in my spare time at home.

No special tweaks that I noticed to installing Xover on a LTSP server, other than adding the path to Xover to your /etc/skel files. That of course assumes that you want to do "Start"/Run and type "winword.exe".

--TP

Steve Hargadon wrote:

I'm interested in:

1)  Has it been your experience that an LTSP server, already
configured and running a certain number of workstations with
OpenOffice, Mozilla, etc., needs any additional power or memory when
you add Crossover Office?

2)  Are there any configuration tweaks to installing Crossover Office
on and LTSP-configured server?

Steve

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:09:17 -0400, Terrell Prudé, Jr.