[K12OSN] What do I need to do to make it work.

My server has K12LTSP 4.0.1
I have an older serial port scanner made by mustek. I want to attach it to one of the thin client terminals in my classroom for my students to use. The thin client has 512 meg of RAM which should be helpful. Creating a fat client is not an option, I don't have the parts needed.
1. Do I need to make any entreies in the lts.conf file for that terminal?
2. Do I need to do anything else server or terminal wise to make this work?
Thanks
Pat