Re: [K12OSN] SSH

Rick,

SSH is mainly for your use. If you are an administrator of the LTSP server and don't use SSH to get to it, then I see no reason why you couldn't disable it. It certainly wouldn't disable the terminal clients, as they do not use SSH for local LTSP "X" operations. The only thing I could think of that might be disabled is if you like to VNC into the LTSP server via SSH over the internet from home or something, but I'd imagine that access would only be for administrators anyway.

My advice is try and disable it and see if anyone complains and find out why.

Rick O'Dell wrote:

	I'm running Postfix on a k12ltsp 4.01. Log Watch for mail logs an
unauthorized user trying to login. It list dozens of passwords they have
tried. I have dumped the Ip address into host deny file, but next day a new
ip address (possibly on a dialup). My question is, what if I disable SSH or
is this a no no??????? What are the adverse effects to me???

Rick O'Dell
Net Work Administrator
Bakersfield R4 School Dst.
Phone (417)284-7333 ext 303