[K12OSN] Update OOo/Mozilla with yum?

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Wed Oct 6 02:57:47 UTC 2004

I have read some nightmare stories of updating OOo or Mozilla only to
realize that each user must have some config files edited or desktop
icons and menus not working.  I have k12ltsp 3.1.2 with OOo 1.0.2 and
Mozilla 1.2.1.  Can I do

#yum update

without problems?

I have already done #yum check-update  and listed packages OOo 1.0.2-11
and Mozilla 1.4.2 along with Xfree86 and whole bunch of other updates.
BTW I have excluded the kernel from being updated with yum. Call me
chicken, but I'm just too scared it will hose the system.

Robert Arkiletian