Re: [K12OSN] DHCP on a non-standard port

Jay Pfaffman wrote:

Actually, all I want is a way to boot from a CD or floppy and connect
to my server.  I'm OK with a "chubby client" if I can boot from a CD
and have my server's k12ltsp login come up.    If the DHCP on a
separate port doesn't make things easier, I don't need to do it.

Okay I understand what you mean. If you boot from floppy or CD you want k12ltsp (thin client) if not you want school system (fat client). That's why you want 2 dhcp servers to be handled. Check this out

http://www.etherboot.org/doc/html/userman/x126.html

unfortunately the link to "a practical document" is broken. So look here

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=6401&style=flat&viewday=21&viewmonth=200106

or google for +"REQUIRE_VCI_ETHERBOOT" +geocrawler

Hope this helps. This way the clients will only get ip's from the k12ltsp server. And (very important) the k12ltsp server will ONLY give out an IP's to the etherboot clients using the "not authoritative" option. Although I would make sure the ltsp server definitely does NOT give out IP's to the rest of the network. I tried this and had limited success.

Robert Arkiletian