[K12OSN] SSH

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Oct 6 15:33:12 UTC 2004

> Look for the
>
> #Port 22
>
> setting in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.  It's near the top.  Take
> out the #, change the
> number to the port you want to use, something above 1024.  Be
> sure to restart
> sshd after you make the change.

I did the exact steps and changed to port 222.  Now I can connect on
port 222 via ssh but can also still connect on 22 as well.  Am I missing
something?  No big deal, I'll just block 22 on the firewall and let 222
through.  But I would like 22 to not be available internal as well.

Thanks for the help.

---