Re: [K12OSN] Compaq deskpro PXE error

Krsnendu wrote:
How do I do that?

You must download the bios upgrade from hp.com. It's a little tricky to find. Search for it on hp.com. It's an .exe file for Windows which makes a boot floppy. You then boot from the floppy on the Compaq and choose from the menu. It's very easy. the tricky part is to find the file.

I don't have it any longer. You could try this link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Deskpro/us/locate/20_378.html#0
it's called rompaq.

Regards
Trond

-----Original Message----- From: k12osn-bounces redhat com [mailto:k12osn-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Trond Mæhlum Sent: Thursday, 7 October 2004 8:32 a.m. To: 'Support list for opensource software in schools.' Subject: RE: [K12OSN] Compaq deskpro PXE error

k12osn-bounces redhat com wrote:

I bought a Compaq deskpro SFF 300 Celeron When I try network
boot it get the ip address from DHCP but then PXE fails with the
following message.

No PXE server found, using standard boot file IP ADDR: 192.168.1.253
TFTP......

I got exactly this on several Compaq SFF 400's. I flashed the bios using
the latest rom image (it was called rompaq) from hp.com. Worked for me.

Regards
Trond Mæhlum

Then it times out.
Any way around this error?